Joint Project Position with eDRV Technologies B.V. and Council on Energy, Environment and Water
Reporting to: Director, CEEW Centre for Energy Finance
Location: New Delhi, India or Remote
Duration: One year (extendable)
CEEW and eDRV Technologies are kick-starting a collaboration to promote the interoperability of public infrastructure for electric vehicle charging in India. We seek a candidate who would help to develop our work and gain an in-depth understanding of technical standards of roaming and interoperability between EV charging networks. The position would require project management expertise, research rigor, market understanding, and strong analytical skills. The right candidate will have a keen interest in the electric vehicle industry and wish to contribute to market development for the EV transition.
The work will require regular interaction with stakeholders in the international automobile industry, charging point network operators, charging equipment manufacturers, mobility service providers, electricity distribution companies, and policymakers.If you are looking for a position that allows you to design market-making solutions for a new clean energy sector, then this could be the job for you!
Job Duties and Accountabilities
- To engage with local and international industry stakeholders on emerging issues relating to the electric mobility transition.
- To research and synthesize global trends, develop recommendations, and present findings to constituencies, including industry, advisory bodies, and government officials.
- To develop a strong working relationship with leading business professionals, government agencies, funders, and strategic partners.
- To develop (or at least not be intimidated by) an in-depth understanding of technical communication protocols for electric vehicles including (but not limited to): Open Charge Point Protocol, Open Charge Point Interface, Open-ADR, and ISO 15118.
- To study electric vehicle charging market structures across the globe, envision the implications for India as an emerging market.
- Take a hawkish interest in global developments in the area of electric mobility - specifically, electric vehicle charging - and provide analytical inputs, comments, and responses as required.
- Participate in and contribute to technical discussions with the various global communication protocol bodies.
- Independently conceptualize, research, and develop high-quality publications, including policy briefs, reports, andarticles.
- Take ownership of specific projects and provide supervisory support to other projects, proactively manage deliverables and resources within time and budgets.
- Support effective communication of research outputs through close coordination with the communications team, engage with a broader network of stakeholders.
- Support colleagues for essential meetings and sessions and follow-up as required. Oversee and support team members to help them deliver their best.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree with a specialization in engineering, computer science, economics, public policy, law, or related field.
- Should have a strong business background, including an appreciation of analytical and experimental research.
- Familiarity and a high degree of comfort with quantitative skills and analyses.
- At least five to eight years of relevant work experience in the field of research, policy engagement, and project management, preferably in the area of information technology, telecommunications, energy policy, and renewable energy technologies.
- Strong track record of project management and timely delivery of outputs.
- Experience in dealing with public and private institutions, building relationships with collaborators, and government stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Deep understanding of the electric mobility, energy, or power sectors in India or another market, with a keen interest in developing a global understanding.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Quantitative research skills use of R, Stata, SPSS, Python, or such software is a bonus, as is an understanding of Information Technology protocols, REST APIs, big data applications.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals/book chapters are a bonus.
- Willing to learn new (research and project management) skills.
- Ability to adapt to new environments.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Appreciative of a high paced work environment, and able to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team while being able to drive research independently.
- Striving for rigor in research and quality in work output.
- An appreciation for detail, while keeping a sense of the broader objectives and big picture.
- Highly organized and process-oriented.
- A sense of humor.
About CEEW-CEF: The CEEW Centre for Energy Finance (CEEW-CEF) is an initiative of the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), one of South Asia’s leading think tanks. CEEW-CEF acts as a non-partisan market observer and driver that monitors, develops, tests, and deploys financial solutions to advance the energy transition. It aims to help deepen markets, increase transparency, and attract capital in clean energy sectors in emerging economies. It achieves this by comprehensively tracking, interpreting, and responding to developments in the energy markets while also bridging gaps between governments, industry, and financiers.
About eDRV: eDRV is a technology company driving the global transition towards electric vehicles. Our API platform helps businesses and application developers easily integrate charging with a variety of enterprise applications. We are headquartered in Amsterdam at Rockstart, one of Europe’s most prominent technology accelerators. eDRV is an “All Remote” organization. We believe that you do your best work in an environment of your choice. We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset and excellent communication and technical skills.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and cover letter (in one integrated pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Application: eDRV-Electric Mobility’ as the subject line.
The last date to send applications is 30th May 2020. We will review applications on a rolling basis.
CEEW and eDRV are equal opportunities employers. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Due to the high volume of applications, we apologize in advance, as we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates. We appreciate your interest.